Thursday, January 20, 2011

Why play the Samitomoto Drawing Game?

Because I carried the idea for the Samitomoto Drawing Game around for a year before I put it into production, teased the idea out, tested it on my sister and her guinea pig family, teased it some more, workshopped it with designers, attracted funding and finally produced it- I know why I made it and why I play it!

For those of you who aren't inside my head (and it's probably for the best that you are not), here are the reasons why you might like to play the drawing game;

Why?

To stimulate the imagination

To have fun with drawing

To help break through a creative block

To shift a negative mood

To help with opening creative channels

To enjoy drawing in a non competitive, joyful way

To help with healing and creative healing

To give yourself permission to be silly and playful

To make drawing less serious and more fun

To move past the fear of the blank page

To have fun

To develop your drawing

As a meditation and focus tool to bring you fully into the present

To tap into your inner child artist

To learn language in a fun and creative way

To be part of a creative community

To have quality time with friends and loved ones away from a glowing screen!

Now it's your turn, why do you like to play the Samitomoto Drawing Game? Who do you know who would like more of the above in their life? Please send them here

Thanks again to everyone who has helped this me in this journey!

Cheers,

Sam Simpson-Morgan




No comments:

Post a Comment